Something about Mary
Mary Harris had a magical childhood in England and Germany, then she and her family returned to Wisconsin.
A graduate of University of Wisconsin/Madison and of Mallinckrodt College, Chicago, Illinois, she now lives in Chicago with her husband, children, and grandchildren.
Mary is also a freelance writer in fiction and non-fiction, and a screenwriter. Her main mantra is, “It’s all about the story.” Presently, she is Co-Executive Editor for Hidden Thoughts Press; Senior Editor, Noble Romance LLC; editor, Curiosity Quills Press; Editor, Scribe Publicity; and Head of Development for Sunset Pictures, headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
She is also a passionate believer in the Oxford comma, but allows nothing to interrupt the flow of the story.
[/one_half] [one_half last]
- Proofing for typos and grammatical needs
- Word coaching as needed
- Character arc and timeline consistency
- Line or copy editing: grammar, syntax, flow, and logical statements; consistency of details such as place spelling, character’s eye color, etc.
- Developmental editing: Character and plot developments are logical within the author’s world; writing is clear and concise; no loose ends; all or almost all questions developed throughout the book and answered in the conclusion
- All editing done with Track Changes notes on a PC or a Mac
- Email and/or phone calls with author to discuss and clarify edits (up to 2 hours)
- Incorporation of author’s changes/clarifications/rewrites into the ms. in a clear manner
- Final polish and Spellcheck